Tsunami Survival Capsule - Designed for 2, 4, 6, or up to 10 persons to survive extream conditions usually associated with the effects of a tsunami. However, testing is underway to examine the Survival Capsule's potential role during a Lahar or similar events.
Cascadia Emergency Management, LLC is providing referrals to the design and manufacturing team along with specialized training for Before, During, and After use of the Survival Capsule.
Contact us today for more information.
The Survival Capsule is a patent-pending, personal safety system (PSS) designed as a spherical ball to protect against tsunami events, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, and storm surges.
Using a PSS, as opposed to a municipal safety system like a safe house, allows individual groups and families to be more in control of their survival in an emergency situation. The capsule is also a variable disaster solution, which means it can vary position according to the water depth, so it will never be inundated by water levels rising too high. It also provides warmth, safety, and shelter during the initial post-disaster period before rescue crews and relief workers have arrived on the scene.
Built with strength and survivability in mind, by a team of experienced aerospace engineers, the survival capsule will operate safely and efficiently in the harsh circumstances and environments to which a natural disaster would expose it. The sphere will withstand the initial impact of a natural disaster, as well as sharp object penetration, heat exposure, blunt object impact, and rapid deceleration.
We’ve designed the capsule to be mounted inside or outside the home or business establishment. The capsules come in various sizes ranging from two-person capacity all the way up to a ten-person capacity. The smaller capsules are suitable for private dwellings and family homes. The larger capsules are designed for municipal buildings, businesses, hospitals, airports, schools and general public safe havens.
- Safety Seating with Four-Point Harness Straps
- Storage Space (sufficient for five day’s supply per person)
- Multiple Counter Sunk Hoisting Points
- Water Storage (bladder or tank)
- Basic Internal Light
- GPS (Global Positioning System)
- Air Ventilation Vents
- Capsule Storage Stand
- Basic, High-Visibility Unit Color
- Air Supply Tanks (one for each occupant)
- Hard Restraint Support
- Solid, Watertight Marine Door (opens from inside and outside)
- Marine Standard Window
- Surround Sound Music System
- Additional Storage
- Multiple Capsule Stacking System
- Dry Powder Seat Toilet
- Additional Internal Lighting
- Solar Panel Array
- Additional Internal Insulation (acoustic and thermal)
- Ground and Rooftop Tether System
- Color Options
We currently have five capsule models available or planned for manufacture and sale. Our model matrix defines the various models, including seating arrangements and other building specifications.
- SC2001 Capacity – 2 Adults
- SC4001 Capacity – 4 Adults
- SC6001 Capacity – 6 Adults
- SC8001 Capacity – 8 Adults
- SC10001 Capacity – 10 Adults
The Survival Capsule comes with many standard features and a few optional extras.
Cascadia Emergency Management, LLC is a referral source only and does not manufacture or hold interest in Survival Capsule.